A new employee at Canadensys

Hi,

I am Olivier Norvez, a fresh employee at Canadensys. I will help with the interpretation of Darwin Core fields, data transformations and mappings (after a few training days 🙂 ). I will also be seeking ways to forge new national and international partnerships with national institutions such as Museums, Universities, Governments… or in the private sector (Industries, Environmental assessment offices…).

I have a degree in biology-ecology (Université de Rennes 1 and Université du Québec à Rimouski) and a master in forest science (Université Laval) with a focus in saproxylic beetles diversity, I have an expertise in biodiversity data and community ecology. I am interested in outreach and citizen science. For example, a few years ago, I was a scientific guide for an Aquarium (Océanopolis) and recently for a science association (Espace des Sciences). I have also worked at Natural Resources Canada (Management of the hemlock looper) as well as in the private sector as a biodiversity data manager (Biodiversité conseil). So this is a short presentation of me, and I hope to meet you soon, to perform big steps for Canadensys and enjoy the power of primary data together!

Cheers,

Olivier